By Michael C. Mack
1. Have you ever been criticized, ridiculed, or muzzled for speaking the truth? If so, what happened?
Read Micah 2:4-11.
2. God’s people had received great blessings and privileges. In what ways did they reject the responsibilities and accountability that went along with that?
3. How did the people misunderstand the concept of stewardship—that God owns everything and allows us to manage it (vv. 4, 5)?
4. What false assurances were the false prophets espousing (vv. 6, 7a)? How did God respond (vv. 7b-11)?
5. Why do you think it’s so hard for many people to accept accountability and discipline for their actions?
6. Consider modern-day examples of people who merely go through the motions of religion or spirituality. How do they fool themselves into believing that there are no consequences for their sins?
7. What can each of you do to become better speakers and hearers of the truth in love so that you can grow in Christ (Ephesians 4:15)?
Michael Mack leads church training events and consults with churches through his ministry, Small Group Leadership (www.smallgroupleadership.com).