By Michael Mack
1. Who is the most famous or interesting person in your family tree?
Read Romans 9:6-18.
2. After several chapters of good news, Paul responded to a tough question: Why have many of the Jews, God’s chosen people of the old covenant, missed out on that good news and rejected Jesus as Messiah and Savior (see vv.1-5)? In your own words, what was Paul’s response?
3. Read Isaiah 55:8, 9. How does this passage help explain God’s choices and actions?
4. How would you respond to somebody who asserts that God is unfair or intolerant? How would you respond to someone who says that children of Christians are automatically Christians by birth?
5. If there were a website called Spiritual Ancestry, what would it say about your spiritual genealogy?
6. God is sovereign. He acts on his will, not ours. What is your role and responsibility in responding to God?
Michael C. Mack leads church training events and consults with churches through his ministry, Small Group Leadership (www.smallgroupleadership.com).