By Michael C. Mack
1. How old were you when you understood there is an eternal, divine, all-powerful God who created everything?
Read Romans 1:18-32.
2. Which of these words would you use as a title for this passage, and why? Ignorance. Insurrection. Insolence. Idolatry. Immorality. Illusion.
3. How do you explain why people who know the truth about God decide to suppress that knowledge or exchange that truth for lies?
4. How would you explain to a skeptic that doing life God’s way is “natural” while doing things based on our own human desires is “unnatural”?
5. It may be tempting to use this passage to point fingers at others. Paul listed 24 sins here. Take a couple minutes to silently look through the list, asking yourself, “In what ways is God speaking to me?” For instance: Am I greedy? Do I gossip? Do I lack love?
6. As you meditated on the verses from the previous question, what do you sense God saying to you?
7. What lies from the world do you need to recognize and exchange for God’s truth?
Michael C. Mack leads church training events and consults with churches through his ministry, Small Group Leadership (www.smallgroupleadership.com).