By Michael Mack
1. What day of the year do you look forward to the most and why? What day do you fear or despise?
Read Zephaniah 1:4-6, 14-16; 2:3.
2. What caused the coming of the Lord’s wrath on the Israelites?
3. In your own words, how does this passage describe what the day of the Lord against Judah and Jerusalem would be like?
4. God judges as needed throughout the course of history. With that in mind, how should God’s people respond?
5. How do these attitudes affect our relationship with God and his judgment—complacency, indifference, distraction, idolatry, pride?
6. How do you respond to God’s judgment? for yourself? for those who are not under the protection of Jesus?
Michael C. Mack leads church training events and consults with churches through his ministry, Small Group Leadership (www.smallgroupleadership.com).