By Michael C. Mack
1. What would a perfect day of rest look like for you?
Read Exodus 20:8-11; 31:12-16.
2. How is this commandment related to the first two commandments (20:1-6)?
3. What purposes for the Sabbath do you see in these passages?
4. What do you learn from these passages about being a good steward of the time you have?
5. Read Mark 2:27, 28; Romans 14:5-8; and Colossians 2:16, 17. How is our observation of a Sabbath day of rest and remembrance under the new covenant different or the same today?
6. What are the implications for a Christian who seeks to legalistically apply this command?
7. What will you do to make a day of rest and remembrance a “sign” between you and God?
Michael Mack leads church training events and consults with churches through his ministry, Small Group Leadership (www.smallgroupleadership.com).