By Michael C. Mack
1. What is the best team (sports, school, work, etc.) you’ve ever been a part of? What made it so good? What part did you play on the team?
Read 1 Corinthians 12:12-31.
2. What is the main point Paul is trying to communicate in this passage?
3. What would a congregation look like if everyone had exactly the same spiritual gift?
4. What would your small group look like if all of you had the same gift? How healthy and effective would you be?
5. Since it is God who has put the body together (vv. 18, 24), what does that imply about who is in your church? or who is in your group?
6. How would it change your church if everyone looked through a “we” lens rather than through a “me” lens? How would it affect how people respond when a sermon or lesson does not apply directly to them? How would it affect how people care about each other in the body? How would it affect how people team up to reach others with the gospel?
7. Discuss how your small group can truly become one.
Michael Mack leads church training events and consults with churches through his ministry, Small Group Leadership (www.smallgroupleadership.com).